Aaron’s is a private rental and installment company for North Americans. The firm and its franchisees sell goods online and in 1,300 stores in the U.S. and Canada. The business generates up to $4 billion in revenue annually.
Meaning and History
What is Aaron’s?
A consumer-goods leasing company. The company has stores in Canada and 47 of the 50 U.S. states. It has existed since 1955. The company’s assets are over $3 billion. The President of Aaron’s is Stephen Olsen.
The creator and owner of Aarons (originally Aaron Rents) is an enterprising sales manager named Charles Loudermilk. He named the company based on considerations of the initial letters “Aa,” which would secure the top positions in the directories. The business grew in furniture rental, real estate, automobiles, appliances, and office equipment. Beginning in 1982, the businessman began selling stock in the company, retaining a 42% stake. Loudermilk currently serves on the board of directors. He was succeeded as president by Steven Olsen.
Aaron’s logo is a verbal one (company name). Since its appearance, the visual sign was corrected only once and then only slightly.
For Aaron’s logo, blue letters of the name were chosen, resting on a white cushion with a double outer outline: blue and brown-green. The logo was introduced around 2010 after Aaron Rent was renamed Aaron’s.
The white “cushion cloud” symbolizes the dreams the brand helps fulfill, and the double outline is an indicator of its customers’ special protection from life’s hardships. The company’s offer is beneficial to those who, for certain reasons, cannot take advantage of a bank loan. Thanks to Aarons, they can afford new things. In addition to the trade offer, the firm has a fund whose money is invested in the future of girls and boys from low-income families (BGCA clubs) in the communities where the outlets are located. In this way, Aarons protects the country’s future and helps families.
In 2020, the holding company split into PROG Holdings, Inc (consumer loans and leasing) and The Aaron’s Company (leasing, furniture manufacturing, and internet platform).
They chose a lighter color of letters for the new logo and removed the dark, heavy outline. Thanks to this, the logo has become more airy and modern.
Under the name of the company, its main principles are indicated: “Easy, Beautiful, Accessible”:
- Easy. Buying and renting from Aarons is easy. Just choose an item online or in-store, and it’s delivered to the customer’s home.
- Affordable. You won’t need a large sum to get started, so the offer is affordable for 50% of low-income families.
- Beautiful. The company sells quality and beautiful items from well-known brands. In addition, the chain has begun renovating outlets and opening GenNext-type stores with more presentable and comfortable sales areas. By the beginning of 2022, there will be 100 of them.
Aaron’s helps low-income families get access to civilization’s benefits and live with dignity. That’s the message the logo carries.
Font and Colors of the Emblem
The color of the modern logo is light sky blue on a white background. It is associated with lightness, simplicity, and beauty, which express the essence of Aaron’s offerings and operating principles.
- Light blue is the embodiment of customers’ dreams, the opportunity to raise the standard of living.
- White – honest terms, transparency of the offer.The old logo had double protection of the lettering.
- Blue outline – is an indicator of experience, the right choice, and quality developments. Rent helps users figure out if the thing suits them, if it is comfortable, and choose the perfect one for themselves. The price list includes quality and proven items and the best designs.
- The swampy color of the outer trim is a combination of the hues of life (green), everyday life (brown), and consistency and reliability (gray). Their mix says that Aaron’s protects and enhances the living conditions of its users. She is a trustworthy partner.
The old and new logo font is the same – Futura Pro Extra Bold.