Menu Close

Fandango Logo

Fandango Logo
Fandango Logo PNG

Fandango is an online checkout with its application and website. She sells tickets for cinema and entertainment. This company has many divisions, each of which specializes in something different. For example, MovieClips lets you stream Hollywood movies.

Meaning and History

Fandango Logo History
Evolution of the Fandango Logo

Fandango is headquartered in Beverly Hills, and the firm operates primarily on the Internet, where customers can freely use its services. The service is 30% owned by Warner Media, LLC. The American multinational conglomerate acquired its stake in 2016 in exchange for Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster. The remaining 70% is owned by diversified company NBCUniversal Media, which is part of Comcast Corporation.

Fandango is not only a ticket office. On the media service’s website, you can explore movie descriptions, read reviews from other viewers, watch various interviews with actors, watch trailers of new products, and enjoy video clips. At the same time, the online resource differs from its competitors in its original design, built on a single visual identification system. Its important part is the logo – a stylized orange badge with blue lettering.

2000 – 2014

Fandango Logo 2000-2014

Fandango was founded in 2000 in the state of California. Its first emblem was shaped like a puzzle piece, with a notch on the left and two ridges on the right. It looked like both a big F (the first of the word Fandango) and a half-torn movie ticket spine. The element is not one-piece indicated by a wide black outline, which was interrupted at the top and bottom. In addition to it, there was an additional narrow white outline and a gray shadow that creates volume. The “F” itself was completely red-orange.

Beneath the emblem was the blue word “Fandango,” written in a disproportionate, upward-looking sans-serif font. It echoed in design with a stylized letter at the top.

2014 – present

Fandango Logo 2014-present

After the 2014 redesign, the graphic no longer looks like a ticket stub. Now, these are just two capital “F,” which are turned towards each other by the protruding sides and connected like a puzzle. The first “F” is white, and the second is orange and is formed by negative space. The black outline was removed because the need for it disappeared – the element is already integral and is not associated with a torn movie ticket.

The inscription has also noticeably changed. Its color has become a little lighter; the letters have acquired a rounded shape and widened. Because the characters have been enlarged, the spacing between them has decreased.

Font and Colors of the Emblem

Fandango Emblem

When the emblem lost its classic shape, it took on a completely new meaning. The two Fs look very simple and balanced at the same time. They balance each other through perfect symmetry. They are connected with the ticket spine only by notches on the side, but there is not enough rectangular shape for complete reliability instead of a square one. The spirit of the old logo has been preserved, although it is presented in a completely new way.

The wider font and reduced letter-spacing make the Fandango text mark better than it was originally. Thanks to the latest innovations, it has become clear, visible, and easy to read. Similar in appearance, the typeface is Galeb Black by Tour de Force Font Foundry. The lettering on the logo differs from it in the rounding of some corners.

Fandango Symbol

For the graphic symbol in the form of connected “FF,” two colors are used: bright orange (# F3751E) and white (#FFFFFF). The word “FANDANGO” has a light but the slightly muted shade of blue (# 297ABE).