Colgate-Palmolive is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of home, health, and personal care products. Founded back in 1806, the brand has grown into an industrial giant with an original personal identification mark. Today, the trademark, opened by entrepreneur William Colgate in lower Manhattan, is located in the center of New York, USA, and its logo is known around the world.
Meaning and History
The debut emblems have not survived, since at the beginning the enterprise repeatedly suspended its activities, after which it was reopened. Only one thing is known: they were mainly informational and introduced buyers to the company and its products. Now the logo is used, approved in 1972.
Font and Color of the Emblem
The current version consists of two elements: text and a graphic symbol. The name is executed in angular, geometric letters. It is preceded by the abbreviation “CP.” The designers made it in the form of two connected signs with a narrow inner gap. Moreover, the letter “P” lacks the upper fragment of the leg, due to which it has become similar to the “C” located in a mirror. The result is a horizontal oval, divided in two by a thin white line.
The word “Colgate-Palmolive” is in uppercase and a standard chopped typeface. The letters are wide, slightly tilted to the right. The logo palette includes three colors: blue (abbreviation), black (full name), and white (background).